NLign 6.7 has been released with the following updates/new features:
- Improvements to FEM model handling in NLign. These improvements provide more efficient storage of the FEM model and improved performance to the user.
- More efficient storage of repeated geometry in JT and CATIA models. Portions of the model that are repeated, such as fasteners and brackets, are stored in memory once instead of duplicated for each instance. This reduces the amount of memory required to represent detailed models.
- Improved CSV import/export of trendables to support annotations and FEM IDs;
- Adding the ability to create reference ellipses along with reference points and reference lines on the model and photo. This allows users to select the entire bolt hole or fastener hole instead of needing to set an arbitrary point on the hole.
- Added a reference feature assistant to Photo/Damage Mapping. This allows the user to select an area on the photograph being mapped and NLign will place a reference point, line, or ellipse on the photo for them. This helps speed up the process of placing reference features on the photograph.
- Automatically selecting the open serial number when launching Photo/Damage Mapping.
- Added a new toolbar button to start report generator.
- Added an ability to indicate if data columns are to automatically fit the size of the data for Excel generated reports.
- Corrected a numbering issue in generated reports where damage annotations were not being sorted correctly.
- Inside Report Generator users have the ability to select multiple images at one time to include in the report.
- For Excel reports provided the ability pull data from the currently selected trendable in the Trending Results table.
- For Excel reports provided the ability to pull in an image of the model based upon a stored view specified in the currently selected trendable in the Trending Results table.
Trending Results Window
- Allowing users to see all the FEM ids impacted by a drawn annotation in the trending results window
- Improvements to NLign user interface to work with touch screens and pens. This included:
- Touch/Pen support for model navigation and selection throughout application.
- Provide users ability to set the user interface to a tablet mode that increases the size of the icons and fonts.
- Update existing <Shift> and <CTRL> button logic throughout application to work better with touch screens and pens
- Trendable types can now be associated to specific assets. This association can be made from the Asset Window or the Trendable Type window.
- Within the Trending Filter Editor, only Trendable Types associated to the selected Assets will appear.
- Stored views can now be created with multiple assets selected.
- NLign will now automatically and transparently resume file downloads at the point that a network connection was lost.
- Updated handling of date and time. This includes handling dates prior to 1970, storing dates as UTC in database, and handling time zone conversion.
- Increased the number of Date, List, and Numeric custom fields. The number of date and numeric fields increased from 25 to 50. The number of lists fields increased from 100 to 125.
- Added ability to export annotations in STEP, IGES, or CSV format.
- Multi-line text custom fields will now wrap text.
- The Select All and Unselect All in tables throughout the application only applies to the filtered content.
- Adding ability to export the basic NLign configuration to another new NLign instance. This is for use where a standalone version of NLign is needed that has the same structure as another instance of NLign and there will be no network connection between the two instances. This feature allows administrators to export the configuration that contains the:
- Assets, including asset folders, models, and model files;
- Named Region(s);
- Stored View(s);
- Trendable lists;
- Custom fields; and
- Trendable types.